Revetment Replacement works
Lowry Building & Civil Engineering Ltd were appointed under the CPD Civil Engineering Framework to complete Revetment Replacement works on the River Lagan.
The complex project was completed in several phases and the works included:
- Sheet piling inserted to the toe of the existing bank on the south side of the river Lagan
- Excavation of the existing embankment.
- Insertion of concrete toe (below water level)
- Re-construction of embankment and insertion of new drainage outlets
- Whinstone laid on concrete bed half way up the new embankment
- Top half of the embankment top soiled and planted with a wildflower seed mix
- Re-instatement of pedestrian guardrail and concrete plinth.